Originally a Gothic castle in French (castel) style modified in the first half of the l6th century. In 1605 a moat, which had originally surrounded the castle centre from all sides, and a new palace were joined. In the years 1725 - 1727 the south part of the castle and the middle wing were modified.
A new entrance to the castle with sculptures by M. B. Braun from 1725 was opened at that time. During modifications around 1750 the large hall's ceiling was decorated with a fresco Four Seasons by F. J. Lux and marble fireplaces with carved adomments by L. Widman were installed. A reconstruction of the castle in the years 1889 - 1894 was carried out by J. Mocker. A Landscape park was established around 1900. The famous d'Este armoury on the third floor of the castle including an extensive collection of historical weapons and armour came into existence by joining a former armory of the Italian family Obizzi and works belonging to the d'Este and Habsburg families.
|Entry||bus 30 seats||bus 50 seats|